View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #5
wayspooled
Crab In The Dark
wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Absolutely! Anything by Cherryh... and she's still adding more!
hehe.. I'm a big fan of Cherryh but I can't say I've loved it all. Any of the Alliance/Union universe stuff and the Chanur stuff and the Foreigner stuff, so that's like 30 books heh, is great. Her dabbles into fantasy or fantasy/sci fi (fortress, morgaine etc) are marginal to okay with the occasional good (2 Rider novels), but not superior like her pure sci-fi. That's from someone who really digs fantasy as well as sci-fi (of course, everyone has their own opinion and likes and dislikes as it should be)

She's one of the few sci-fi writers to really "get" the future of mankind in space. To the degree NASA even named an asteroid for her 'for "challenging" them'.

Glad there's another fan of hers here!

Last edited by wayspooled; 04-11-2009 at 11:55 PM.
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote