View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 10:41 PM   #12
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Since I still read a significant number of paper books, I keep a file on my laptop with information on each book I read. Here are the entries for the first two books I read this year:
Code:
1. The Host, Stephenie Meyer (31 Dec - 2 Jan, Kindle) (SF) 528 pages : 528
2. Miss Julia Strikes Back, Ann B Ross (2-3 Jan, TP) (Li) 339 pages : 867
Each line contains the book title, author, dates read, format, genre, number of pages, and a running total of pages read. For electronic books, I take the page count from the Mass-Market Paperback edition if available. For electronic book, I log additional information:
Code:
 4. Fortune and Fate, Sharon Shinn (6 Jan - 11 Jan, Kindle) -- purchased 1 Jan 2009 @ Amazon ($9.99)
 5. Neptune Crossing, Jeffrey Carver (11 Jan - 12 Jan, Sony) -- downloaded from author's site; PayPal contribution to author
Again, each line has the title, author, dates and format. Then I note the source of the book and purchase price (if any).

When reading a book on the Kindle, I create a note at the first line of the book saying "started reading on ...". When I finish the book, I update the note with the date I completed reading. I also use the highlight feature to capture quotes for reviews.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote