View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #17
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
You'd be missing a lot of honest reviews from people who were moved to review something for the first time, or who had not bought from this store before.
I'll cope. When I'm truly interested in a story, I'll read the sample; if that hooks me, I'll buy the book. The reviews *might* convince me to read the sample if the blurb wasn't enough. Mostly I don't read reviews because they're prone to having spoilers. I'd be happy to filter out 90% of reviews, regardless of how honest or well-written they were.

If such an app got made, real reviewers would eventually know to drop a comment on some freebie book in addition to the one they wanted to review. (So would fake reviewers, but they're not being paid for that--and the authors who are trying to scam the system are less likely to have the awareness of browsing-enhancing apps.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote