View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 09:32 PM   #51
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Someone mentioned some other app—QuickOffice—that had TTS that worked on Fire. So I was hoping there's a system-level TTS engine in there somewhere (even if Kindle app doesn't know how to use it, and there's no way to install another engine). But it could just be bundled with the app.

Can you purchase SVOX from Appstore on the Fire? It is free, if that installs and runs, then I would recommend purchasing the SVOX 'Oliver' UK English voice for $2.99. Well, I'll certainly be trying that but am separated by 300 miles from my Fire at the moment.

If you are in read mode in Mantano, just tap to bring up the menus and click the TTS button. Does anything happen?
It works!!!! There is a built-in engine on the Fire. No extra files needed. Woot!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote