View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 07:54 AM   #8
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
No, there isn't a part of the source to change. The active content is compiled for a different version of the API. Take, for example Android and iPhone apps. If you compile an iphone app for iOS 4.0, it won't run on 3.0 and there's nothing you can change apart from recompiling that would let it do so. Same with Android. Compile for 2.3.3 and it won't run on 2.1. The active content on 3.X links to different versions of the API with different names and offsets. I said there are two ways. One is to change the serial so the Kindle will download 3.X versioned content and two is to find a way to remove the DRM. (Download on Kindle 3, remove drm, copy to K2) I'm not going to touch on that subject though and I've never attempted it either.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote