View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #13
wooorm
Awesome.
wooorm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.wooorm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.wooorm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.wooorm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.wooorm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.wooorm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.wooorm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.wooorm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.wooorm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.wooorm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.wooorm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Mac
Quote:
Originally Posted by misling View Post
Woorm: what about books you've 'downloaded' to 'read locally'? ad-hype says you can do that.
Also what about books you have 'open' in the browser? are they in the browser cache somewhere or the temporary internet files location? Possibly that would be a different format. I would expect them to be encrypted somehow or other, just to enforce the DRM.
1: Yes, you can read them "locally", but thats just the information saved offline (the html, the css, the javascript, etc. i think). All that information is saved (i guess) in a .db file (000000000000000b.db for me). When i downloaded more books for offline use, that file grew bigger.

The books you have open will indeed, probably, be cached somewhere, although i have no idea where that would be. Although i doubt the DRM part...
wooorm is offline   Reply With Quote