View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #9
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
You're welcome When you have IE-9 installed and you get that error message, you're referred to a Mobipocket forum which unfortunately doesn't appear to be active. It would be nice if someone could identify what exactly is the conflict in IE-9 and suggest a means of circumventing the problem so you could have IE-9 and use the Mobipocket Creator program as well.

I did find that if you're using Book Designer to create your book that if you use Calibre to convert to Mobi you still will get a functioning toc anyway, and for a while I was content to do it that way. But then I downloaded a 2-novel collection from Baen and formatted it in Book Designer as I usually do. One novel had 23 chapters and the second had 28 and when converted by Calibre, Calibre created a toc with 1-23 chapters of the first and 24-28 chapters of the second. I couldn't find a way around the problem, so uninstalled IE-9.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote