View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 06:30 PM   #8
pgf
pgf began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
what do you want?

be specific. often not a massive hardship to try to build something.

Niluje did that package at my bequest for a friend of mine. I know it is top quality. Damn good of him too.
thanks for the thumbs up on niluje's binary -- it wasn't clear from either your first post here or from niluje's post where he announced it whether it was of high quality or not -- you know as well as i do that early ports often have gotchas that don't show up in the first few minutes of use. i have high hopes, though!!

i think i was pretty specific about what i'm looking for -- and perhaps what i've got is the whole answer, but i've only barely tried it. if there were something else out there (elinks, w3m, etc) that i could load up to keep with me in case it works better than lynx in some corner case, then i'd do so. that's all. earlier today i thought i was all set without an extra browser at all, until the amazon browser failed me. so now i'm trying to cover my bases. i'd like to be able to rely on the kindle for ssh access to my home server when i'm traveling.

thanks again...
paul
p.s. and yes, i could certainly build it myself -- i'm no stranger to cross-compilation. but that's a bigger job than i have time to take on at the moment.
pgf is offline   Reply With Quote