View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #8
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
That was a fun article. I'm new to eReading and have a Kobo, not a Kindle, so I'm not really like the writer. I haven't been purchasing as many books as I used to for several reasons. One of these is that I've had a grown-up job with a long commute for almost 6 years now and, before that, I had a job and grad school. But it isn't even that so much. I discovered the Internet and audiobooks, which may or may not count in this equation, and became addicted to both so I spend much, much less time reading.

That is why I got an eReader, actually. I have hopes it will get me away from multitasking so much and get me away from the computer screen. I grew up loving to read. This carried into my early adulthood. I still read 2-4 books in a week when I am on vacation at a cousin's in Cambridge, MA. I love the Harvard bookstore. When I am on vacation, I am less worried about what I should be doing in the way of errands, housecleaning, or yardwork. Also, I don't bring my computer with me.

Anway, I think bookstores are in trouble for several reasons and eReaders are the least of those, though they do play a part. People spend time on the Internet they used to spend reading. Amazon is cheaper than bookstores and the economy has been bad for a couple of years. Books are a bit of a luxury. If you're a reader and you're hurting financially, you can go to the library.

And if my neighbor doesn't return my beautiful, hardcover edition of Neil Gaiman's Graveyard Book, I am not going to be happy.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote