View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #5
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
It's worth noting that it seems pretty much the same as the Aura 2.9.0 firmware, although I haven't had much time to play with it yet. For those unfamiliar, this release also:

- Brings the "Back" button back to the bottom toolbar
- Removes the display of stats from side-loaded kepubs. The stats still seem to be calculated as side-loaded kepubs still show a time remaining on the home screen.
- Fixes problems with some side-loaded fonts that would create page breaks at inappropriate line breaks.
- Adds a new game, "Unblock It" which is horrible of them because I have to finish games like this.
- Folds the link for the table of contents into a new page/chapter scrubber. I don't mind it, but it would be nice if it simply listed the current and total chapters somewhere in the scrubber pop-up.

There's actually lots of little changes (way more than mentioned here) and if you're upgrading from 2.6.1 it's practically a new device. Once I have more time I'll go digging deeper. I was using 2.9.0 on my Glo for a while and I felt it was a very solid firmware; I've been very happy with things and I assume this will continue with 2.10.0.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote