View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #49
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfaborac View Post
Interesting. A recent story I particularly liked was the leaked RIAA presentation showing that online music piracy accounts for only a small part of the total, unlike what they've been claiming publicly. Perhaps this "revelation" too will serve to make governments and law makers think again.
Yeah and pigs 'll fly. Would be nice but I think they'll just adjust to factual changes as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
Indeed. The LP was the "master" copy and used for nothing else, really.
Exactly this way I remember it too.
Now replace "LP" with "CD" and "tape deck" with "mp3/ogg/FLAC encoding/storage equipment" and we 're home again, ain't we? Even the tantrums and pseudo panic from the companies and agencies is the same tune with new lyrics.

The only reason books were rarely backup copied then was that pbooks were easier repairable than other media carriers and didn't degrade while read like LP or tape due to physical contact with reading unit.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote