View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #47
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
I like how you've subtly shifted from all infringers to just infringers of ebooks.
I've always here tried to keep the emphasis on books rather than music and movies.

While movie piracy is morally wrong, if it results in lower budget films, I don't see artistic harm. (My favorite movie of recent years was the King's Speech.) But if books with lots of up front research costs can't be produced, or authors are forced to churn out multiple books a year, I do see harm beyond the loss of incomes.

Quote:
In any event, your Google Fu needs work
Yes, I missed that.

Quote:
The link involves a false-accusation, not a false disconnection, but since one leads to the other, I'm sure you'll accept that.
A false accusation, just like a challenged true one, leads to a date with la Commission de protection des droits.

Quote:
There's no point in jumping up and down while screaming, "No one executed for murder is ever innocent!", when the ones you're arguing with think the death penalty itself is abhorrent.
An analogy I like better is taking away the miscreant's gun and replacing it with a bow and arrow. (The bow and arrow, in this case, being 3G service on my Kindle Keyboard )

One concern I have with penalties less than loss of internet service is that the upcoming US alternative, bandwidth throttling, would be a problem for movie downloaders, but slow internet is fine for books.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 08-09-2012 at 09:50 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote