Thread: Banned Books
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #9
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Surface Tablet, Android Smartphone, Laptop, Netbook
I've done some asking around since yesterday. There is no ban on the book currently as the ruling was overturned so that is not an issue. The English translation is not authorised, I have spoken to the translator, and due to that I will not directly link to the translation nor am I going to suggest what to google to find the translation simply state that my review is based on a English translation. Anyone interested should be able to figure it out for themselves and as far as I can tell from copyright law I will have not done anything wrong myself by simply reading an unauthorised translation as I am providing "criticism" of the piece but not reproducing or distributing it.

Thanks for the advice lestatar, however I don't have that kind of money, so I'm going with the safest and most moral option. I don't think the author is that bothered, as he used the existence of the unauthorised English translation free online as part of his defence in the court case. That was last year and he has yet to take action against the translator or any of the numerous sites hosting the translation.
Tome Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote