View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #15
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
Yes, exactly why I'm considering the issue. Also, being used to LN FN from work in Info Tech, it's jarring for me to work with FN LN. It's not the black box or file system issue, it's the issue of dealing with what is most comfortable at the least amount of work.
There is one more argument I could make for LN,FN and that is I think the Calibre search works better with names stored that way. Say I was looking for Lee Child. I have now "trained myself" to type "child," (without the quotes) as my first instinct at a search (i.e. surname,). Straight away that eliminates huge amounts of other possible matches of author first names or surnames that begin with child. If I stored books in FN LN I don't get that ability by just typing "child".

I find this works so well that I almost never have to type author: prefix tags and can get away with typing just the surname, most of the time.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote