View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 02:32 AM   #13
REVENGE
REVENGE began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthorne View Post
YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE HOW FREAKING LUCKY I GOT!!!

This morning I pled my case with a supervisor at Amazon and he was the first person there that even remotely sounded like he felt bad about someone getting screwed. He ended up offering me $30 off a new 3G model and even gave me free OVERNIGHT shipping, laughing about how my impatience was what got me into the mess in the first place.

I know it is not a massive discount, but between that and overnight shipping, it added up to almost $70. I bought the lighted case too. Seriously, that was enough for me to reaffirm my love for Amazon. The thoughtfulness was something I won't forget. I will find that guy's boss tomorrow and make sure he knows.

THEN!!!!!

The seller of the lost/stolen Kindle called me back and told me he wanted to refund my money. Turns out he bought 60 of them from some guy the day before and sold a bunch of them yesterday only to get a bunch of calls like mine. So he was going around all day today refunding peoples money and filed a complaint with the police.

What can I say? I'm floored. Now I just can't wait until tomorrow when my new Kindle arrives.
Damn, where did you get all that good Karma from? :P

If you check out the other long thread, I just posted my experience. Long story short, Amazon didn't want to want to touch my case with a 20 foot pole. Strangely, they suggested that they would unban the stolen Kindle at one point, but it never happened. And even if the guys who sold me the Kindle had been burned themselves, they seemed fine with passing on the rip-off.
REVENGE is offline   Reply With Quote