View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 02:16 AM   #11
tthorne
tthorne has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle
YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE HOW FREAKING LUCKY I GOT!!!

This morning I pled my case with a supervisor at Amazon and he was the first person there that even remotely sounded like he felt bad about someone getting screwed. He ended up offering me $30 off a new 3G model and even gave me free OVERNIGHT shipping, laughing about how my impatience was what got me into the mess in the first place.

I know it is not a massive discount, but between that and overnight shipping, it added up to almost $70. I bought the lighted case too. Seriously, that was enough for me to reaffirm my love for Amazon. The thoughtfulness was something I won't forget. I will find that guy's boss tomorrow and make sure he knows.

THEN!!!!!

The seller of the lost/stolen Kindle called me back and told me he wanted to refund my money. Turns out he bought 60 of them from some guy the day before and sold a bunch of them yesterday only to get a bunch of calls like mine. So he was going around all day today refunding peoples money and filed a complaint with the police.

What can I say? I'm floored. Now I just can't wait until tomorrow when my new Kindle arrives.
tthorne is offline   Reply With Quote