View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Where can I buy a cover for an iRiver Story?

OK: update.

I've finally got a cover for my Story (huzzah!!!). I went with an iRiver one, rather than those made-for-Kindle-but-almost-fit-the-iRiver ones on ebay, even though the iRiver ones are waaayy overpriced (not particularly surprising, since the Story is as well).

I'm really happy with the cover.

It has a spine that clips onto the little indentations at top and bottom left corners of the Story's case. It's like reading a book now, though the front cover easily doubles back behind the device without breaking - I can still hold it in one hand if I want - and there's a cushioned pad on the inside of the front cover to protect the screen.

The ads from iRiver call it "leather", but don't you believe it. It's some kind of vinyl faux-leather, like naugahyde, with leather(-ish) grain stamped in it. Still, it doesn't feel clammy like a lot of vinyls do, and the "white" one (it's really "bone", I guess) matches the colour of the Story's case.

For fellow Aussies, you can get them through ryda.com.au. You can buy online, they have both the black and the white ones still in stock, and they're thirty dollars cheaper than the same thing at Hardly Normal.

Last edited by MacEachaidh; 09-10-2010 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Got a cover. I'm a happy camper. ;-)
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote