View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #233
Doc109
Enthusiast
Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire 2 (non-HD), Kindle Paperwhite
Just got my PW...

PW is quite blotchy in darkness - Kindle Fire is much better for these scenarios. It looks fantastic in indirect lighting to high light. Very sharp text. I particularly like Futura font.

I notice no coloration on the screen.

I don’t understand why the font size selection includes so few reasonable sizes (for me, anyway). When using Futura, for example, the four smallest sizes are punishingly small. I could pull off #4 but I really don’t want to, whereas the 1st three are just unusable. #5 (fifth from the left) looks nice, then the final two are enormous. I can understand the need for big fonts but the multiple tiny fonts - not so much.

I love my K3 but in indirect lighting it is too dark. The clip-on light is too bright. The PW fixes that problem. Will likely become the go-to reader during daytime and indirect night lighting, and I anticipate continuing to use the Fire in darker scenarios - for which it's not perfect, but not bad.
Doc109 is offline   Reply With Quote