Thread: custom metadata
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by en4cer1133 View Post
... upon re-entry of the converted epubs into calibre ...
What exact steps is this describing?

Quote:
... they can see the custom metadata that I add to my books ...
Again, exactly how are they accessing your books?

The custom column definitions and data are stored in the metadata.db in the root of your library folder.
The data is also stored (redundantly) in the metadata.opf file in each book's folder.
Sometimes some custom information can be placed in the metadata.opf in an epub, but calibre doesn't normally access that.

The problem probably has to do with how you are or aren't keeping that .opf with your ebook.

Quote:
is there a way to start fresh and completely uninstall, including hidden files?
Delete the program folder and library folder(s), but I doubt that's relevant here.
capnm is offline   Reply With Quote