View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 01:10 AM   #4
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeygirl351 View Post
Am I crazy for having both devices? I love my ipad and do lots on it, read, surf web, create art, use it for mail and gps among many other things. Well since I do read on it many say I don't need a kindle. I think that a kindle will be a good addition to my devices. One is reading in sunlight aka outdoors on a ferry or beach ect. Also the battery life is amazing. My ipad gets about 8-10 hours of battery, but sometimes I find that I am out of juice by the evening time when I want to read. The ipad screen doesn't bother my eyes, but I've heard it isn't good to read on it before bed, when I like to read. These are just a few of my justifications for an addition device lol. How many of you have both devices? How do you use them?
Hi there I don't have an ipad but I do have an iPhone. Actually I find both devices complement each other very well. As you say battery life is a real pain on the Apple side whereas I get maybe 1.5-2 weeks from the kindle and I'm a heavy reader.

Reading in the sunlight on the iPhone is not good but that's where the Kindle excels so I use that for all my outdoor reading.

I can read quite happily on the iPhone using either the Kindle app for Amazon books or Stanza for ePub books. But I tend to use it for short bursts of reading or when trying to read discreetly. I do prefer to do the bulk of my reading on the Kindle - just find it so good to read on.

Enjoy!
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote