View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 06:24 AM   #10
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
BJonas

How is the pocket pro holding up in Iraq? My brother is due to go back in the next few months and I wasn't sure how it would do with all the sand constantly in everything. I know that he has had to put everything in zip lock bags to keep the sand out out of stuff. Does the sand seem to get inside of the device at all, or is it not really an issue for you?
nimblem,

I've also used the PEz in Iraq. In fact, I'm typing this from an internet cafe at the airport in Baghdad while I wait to see if the sandstorm lifts. I find that the CaseLogic case designed for the Sony Pocket works great to keep the sand out. I haven't found any inside the case, and I often carry it in my pocket. The PEz is nice because it's small enough to fit in a pocket, rubberized for an easy grip, and doesn't get hot to the touch like metal and plastic cases. I'd recommend a book light for him also, as I have the most reading time in airports and airplanes, and they don't have the best lighting conditions.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote