View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
appel846
appel846 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Exclamation Kindle 2 Won't save last page read

First, let me say that this is not the same issue as a K2 not saving a bookmark. It very well may be an issue with my downloaded book, but here goes.

Behavior: When I'm reading and shut off the power and then turn it back on, it will go to "page 1" of my book and not the page I last read. When I try to "Synch to Furthest Page Read", it will always go to "page 1" and never goes to my current (last page) page. Going in to sleep mode, it always retains my current page. If I go to the home screen and power off, it will go back to my page when I click my book.

Amazon Support: When I called them, they said that I should always keep it in sleep mode (!!???!!) and never power it off, if I want it to retain my place in the book. I didn't like that answer so I called again. By the way, I'm less than impressed with their support. Nice people, but they just don't get it. Anyway, this time the tech said that this behavior is what a K2 is supposed to do (my coworker has one and it doesn't) and that the K1 did retain last place read. I'm wondering if my coworker got a referbed K1 in K2 clothing...and it was sold to her as new...
appel846 is offline   Reply With Quote