View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Thanks for your reply. It looks like you've got the right answer.

I just tried temporarily disabling my anti-virus, and found that I could now download The Economist in six minutes. That's still twice as long as on my other machines (which have different anti-virus software), but it's a lot better than it was before.

I'm delighted that I can now take Calibre with me when travelling (although perhaps I should be worried about not having a-v protection while using it to download).

Mike
If you know it is the AV software, then I would have thought there should be a way to configure the AV software to ignore Calibre.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote