View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 12:07 AM   #7
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega34 View Post
I'm not making fun of anybody, but I don't really understand the mentality of keeping all of your ebooks on your physical device. Is it a mental thing? I have always had a couple books on there at once and my actual library of books resides in Calibre. When I want to get a new book from my library, I just plug the PW into the USB and I have a new book in about 20 seconds. Using my method, 2 GB is fantastic and more than enough space for my needs. Do you mind explaining your (and so many other people's) reasoning for keeping everything on one device? Sorry, just curious.
I can organize my books HOW I want them rather than being restricted to how they do it on the cloud. I don't have my computer with me all the time (like at work), and if I finish a book and want to read another one, and haven't been able to get to a PC, then they are all right there, in the order I want, in the collections I want.

I don't have ALL my books on there, but I always keep about 15-20 TBR books

EDIT: This being said, I have more of my "read" books on it than my TBR, I just read them and put them in a collection. I would LOVE to have more than 2GB on it. Also, I enjoy comics, those take up some space

Last edited by jhempel24; 01-04-2013 at 12:13 AM.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote