View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #82
elgabo
elgabo doesn't litterelgabo doesn't litter

Device: kindle 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Paperwhite
I make some test and found that calibre use Calibre's UUID as the ASIN number (EXTH 113) when convert to mobi. Checked with MobiMetaEditorV0.16

Verifying with mac kindle.app this is enough for last page syncing.

So my problem only is with the covert art not appear in the PW after "sent to device" from calibre.

I check in the /system/thumbnails and calibre put a thumbnail file there, but comparing with the other files this is too small, so I check the resolution of the other files (book downloaded from amazon) and the difference is that the other files all have between 214px and 216px width.

I resize the thumbnail in the calibre library to be exact 216px width and copy to /system/thumbnails with the same name that calibre uses, the result the covert art shows perfectly in the PW.

So my steps:
1.- Convert the book to mobi with standard options and [EBOK] tag in the "personal Doc Tag."
2.- DO NOT check "Enable sharing…"
3.- Send to Device
4.- click on "Path: Click to open" on the side bar of calibre
5.- resize the cover.jpg to be 216px width. PLEASE DO THIS IN ANOTHER DIRECTORY WITH A COPY OF THE FILE. DO NOT MODIFY THE cover.jpg
6.- rename this resized jpg to the same name of the thumbnail in the kindle's "/system/thumbnails" directory
7.- replace the /system/thumbnails file with this new one

Hope this help
Gabo
elgabo is offline   Reply With Quote