View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 12:28 PM   #7
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The MC View Post
I'm a heavy reader and plan on moving into the eReading scene.

Which should I get? The Kindle ($79 model) or the Nook SimpleTouch ($99 model)? Which one is better?

Also, I read a lot of PDF files so ideally I'd like to know which is better at displaying PDF.
Essentially you are buying into eco-systems. Assuming you don't remove DRM, you can only read Kindle books on Kindles (or Kindle App) and for the most part the same is true with Nook (Though there are a few fairly obscure third party readers that support Nook's DRM). The advantage of the Nook is that it also supports the normal Adobe ebook encryption scheme, so you can buy books from other ebook stores like Kobo, Sony, etc.

For the most part, the vast majority of books will be available at all the major stores and for similar prices (Unless agency pricing is ended).

I am partial to B&N's eco-system.. but mainly because it is at least somewhat more open than Amazon's... though most people won't notice the difference until they have to replace their first reader... and then get a different reader.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote