View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 09:59 AM   #8
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
Please try not to bring piracy into this. I feel this is a different issue, where one person is offering to distribute a book to a book club for reading and discussion.
I'm not sure you can avoid the piracy discussion. Isn't the problem that you share the book with me in the bookclub and then I share it with 32,000 of my closest Facebook friends? What about if the particular book club group has 1500 members rather than 5 members? If I lend you or share with you my pbook copy, either I have to buy you a copy or give you my purchased copy. If I share with you my ebook, then I have stripped the DRM to make it shareable (assuming it is a DRMed book) and I am pirating it because I do not have to give up my copy or buy you a copy.

So how do you avoid the piracy question? Isn't it integral to the act under discussion?