View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Zinio app for iPhone is out

I didn't see an announcement here, but it's been available for about a week already. I've only been playing with it a few minutes, but there seem to be three magazine viewing modes: full-page (nearly useless), one level of extreme zoom/magnification (pinch-enlarge doesn't work; you double-tap the screen to get the magnified view), and a text-only reflowed mode with two font sizes that looks REALLY nice, but is also EXTREMELY difficult to invoke. There must be some special kung fu to it.

iPhone-compatible titles are still scarce (nothing in my existing library works):
Popular Science
PC Mag
iPhone Life
Car & Driver
Motocross
Popular Mechanics
Motor Trend
Automobile
Yoga
Vegetarian
Skateboarding
Popular Mechanics