View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette55 View Post
"If the computer you are transferring to already has a calibre installation, then the Welcome wizard wont run. In that case, click the calibre icon in the tooolbar and point it to the newly copied directory. You will now have two calibre libraries on your computer and you can switch between them by clicking the calibre icon on the toolbar."

This is from the FAQ about transfering from old computer to new. To me that seems to say I will have two libraries, I am hoping to find a way to have only one library.

There is an icon on my desktop (its a shortcut), which I click to open calibre and download books on, then send them to my reader. On it, in the area to find location of library it states:

C\Users\Administration\Documents\calibre library

There are three selections:

use existing
create empty library
move to new location

the first one, existing, is marked.

When I had downloaded the books, my son made a folder and we transfered copies of the books there, I think they are in my documents, I wil check to find out. Not all of them were saved, I plan to do so what I have presently and new ones onto on the external hardrive if I can, as a backup.

Will do as suggested and get back later if I have more questions.

Thanks for the help everyone.
From the sounds of it: You may not have an existing Library, only a folder full of books that will need to be imported.
WAIT! Do the Check below before screaming

IF your son copied the entire Library (like you should for a good backup)
you will see (attachment) typical folder structure. ("My ebooks" is the Library folder)

Note that book titles have index numbers in the paren
the other clue is there is a file in the top level metadata.DB in "My ebooks"
if you have both, you probably have an intact library
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	typ_lib.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	67673  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote