View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 03:20 AM   #31
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
I've been reading on a tablet for a couple of years now, and really don't see the problems.

I like the flexibility of multiple apps, and a dedicated monochrome reader is just useless in comparison for those of us who want to read comic books.

I'd love a dedicated reader for fiction, but for one device to read everything - a tablet is better for me.
I simply have both. Summer is over, so my Sony doesn't get a lot of action anymore and my Flyer gets more.

That video the OP posted has some truths in it (not the distractions, you can always turn those off or simply ignore them, I never have the "need" to check my email (don't do twitter, facebook, and those other social junk) if I see I have one. I simply push away the message if the blinking light (my power lights start blinking) gets annoying.) But a LCD screen is a pain to read in daylight unless you turn up the brightness to 100% And that will drain your battery fast. I do prefer a transflective screen (but those aren't around in the 7" format I'd want) but e-ink is a good second choice.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote