View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
SteGar
Enthusiast
SteGar doesn't litterSteGar doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Using Whispernet w/o a credit card

Hi guys,

I am looking into getting myself the Kindle 2 even though I am not a US resident. I have posted before in a different thread that I will do this with a US Amazon account and that I will use gift certificates to purchase books and/or subscriptions and use the usb cable to download to the Kindle. This part is pretty much taken care of.

The beauty is that I have to travel to the US about 6 to 8 times a year and while there I will try to benefit from the Whispernet functionality. This being said, when I do this, will I be able to charge any purchase to my Amazon account (evidently the one to which the Kindle will be registered with) in which there will be a positive balance (i.e. before I leave for the US I will drop 50$ in the account).

Does the Kindle store ask you how you want to pay when you make a purchase (i.e. a question like : do you want to charge this to your credit card on record or to your account ?).

I ask because I am aware of the whole "one click" function when you buy from Amazon.

Anyone can shed some light on this rather simple (yet very long...sorry..) query.

Stegar
SteGar is offline   Reply With Quote