View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 01:53 PM   #59
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I would imagine it's capped in countries where Amazon doesn't have a roaming arrangement with a local telecoms operator. That's only a guess of course, but I'd be interested to know if it's capped in the UK, for example, where Amazon have a deal with Vodafone.
That's a very good point HarryT. I never thought of that, and that would make some sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenM View Post
Of course, the Kobo and Sony readers have no 3G offerings that I am aware of, so you might as well say that you are switching to a Kindle Keyboard Wi-Fi, and abandoning the 3G feature.
I did say I don't use a 3G Kindle, it's the principle of the thing! As per HarryT's suggestion above though, there may well be a fair enough reason for it, in that case I'll go back to loving Amazon to bits
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote