View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #47
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmark View Post
...As far as Multitasking, I cannot really comment on iOS, but with Android, it is quite easy. Hold down the Home button to get an selection of recently used apps, and selecting one of them will take you back to where you last left off with that app. Using this, you can switch back and forth between apps with ease. I use it all the time...
Owning quite a few tablets (all brands, all OSs), I know that of curse.
But I don't consider this "Multi-Tasking".
Basically, you "freeze" an application to the background and operate another one.
But I'd like to operate 2, 3 or 4 apps in parallel.
A basic task, such as copy/paste from a browser window to an email or from one email to another, is a nightmare of inefficiency.
You go back to the email client. But you don't see the last email opened, but the email client without open email. Or you may see the email, but it didn't remember the last position.

On a Windows system, I simply would open another browser session. Having 2 browsers, next to each other. Not 2 tabs, but 2 browsers.

Android definitely is improving rapidly. But, in my opinion, not quite there yet. iOs is miles behind in that regard.

Last edited by mgmueller; 09-22-2012 at 01:39 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote