View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
Non-monomyth fantasy?

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for good fantasy novels/series which do not rely on the monomyth-style story.

Perhaps I just need to expand my horizons, but it seems all the fantasy I've read in the last 10 years (except Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell) falls into the basic Hero's Journey storyline; humble young person discovers great power and goes on to save the world.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote