View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 10:06 AM   #227
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Hi Bob,

No, it is not my media machine only. I used it for my content creation work, testing database engines, work with other virtual machines, etc.

Of course, I'm not using it 24/7 so most of the time I'm not there while my wife or are me pulling the streaming, but I have not seen any performance degradation when using PLayOn inside a virtual machine. As a matter of fact, runs very smoothly even though the Mini is wifi connected, not directly plugged into the router.

I did not want to buy a dedicated machine just for media streaming.

Let me know if you need additional details about my PlayOn or Mac Mini setup.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote