View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
shmish
shmish began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
basic needs, which reader?

Hi, I'm in Canada and hoping to get an eReader soon. I have basic needs, with no real desire for stuff like dictionaries, notes, etc. WiFi would be great though for easier connectivity, and 3G access wouldn't hurt either.

I've played with both the Sony PRS-300 and PRS-600. It goes without saying that the 300 has the nicer screen and I don't really think the touch aspect is all that important. However, I would only be able to use the 300 with small text size, otherwise I'd be constantly flipping pages. So my first question is what text size do you usually use? S, M, or L?

One other downside to the 600 is the price here in Canada. It is $349, compared to $249 for the 300.

Another alternative is the Nook. It is 6", costs less than the PRS-600 (although I'd have to do a short drive across the border to pick it up), and includes WiFi and 3G. Perhaps the 3G would be useful at some point in time.

Finally, the Bebook Neo looks very promising. I don't care too much about the stylus, but for the same cost as the PRS-600 I would get WiFi. I don't know how easy it is to order one from Canada and get it shipped to here or a US address.

Any sage advice out there?
thanks
shmish is offline   Reply With Quote