View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #13
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pportnawak View Post
thnak for answering my questions. I 'd like some more explanations ...

jap-jap dictionary :

you highlight a word (ie kanjis) and it give a definition in japanese ?

japanese book :

is having the metadata set as language=japanese sufficient to make this happen?

font :

which one should i use ? or it's just that i have to up the font as fingers can be too big for selection?

Yes, generally, highlighting the kanji gives you a definition in japanese, if in the dictionary.
Size of font should be not the smallest two or three options if you want to select a kanji....and you will for sure need to use the little tabs to move the highlighting, because it will only highlight one kanji on its own. it doesn't know what constitutes a word

i've also had success just typing into the japn-japn dictionary to look up a definition, but i just tried to figure out how i'd done it, but couldn't. I'll get back to you on that.

I'm not sure what factors determine whether it recognizes it as japanese. What I did was go once into japanese interface, open a japanese book, and either it set the font asモリサワリュウミン or when i went into fonts, that option suddenly appeared, along with Gothic MB101 appearing in japanese (モリサワゴシックMB101). Those are the two fonts that are included that are meant to work with japanese books. some of the others might work so-so, but they don't change font size or something.

Now, even when I'm in an English book, in English interface, I get the font option for モリサワリュウミン written as "Ryumin". Soooo, I think once you have got it to realise you want the japanese fonts, you can potentially use the correct fonts even when in the english interface.

about getting it to recognise whether the book is japanese or not...that is related to the thing i'll get back to you about looking up a word by typing it in.

sorry if this answer is all over the place...i'm a bit out of it.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote