View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #14
woodapple
woodapple is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.woodapple is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.woodapple is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.woodapple is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.woodapple is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.woodapple is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.woodapple is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.woodapple is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.woodapple is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.woodapple is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.woodapple is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: kindle
BetterRed and DoctorOhh, that is good to know that you can change what expression calibre uses to add the books. I just need to figure out a good way to separate my books into those two categories.

MelBr I am not sure if calibre will be able to handle 200,000 books. My goal for this project was to get these books organized into folders and to remove duplicate books (hopefully via duplicate plugin by kiwidude). So if I get to the point that calibre starts having issues, I can back up the calibre folder system that I have so far and then start adding the next books to an empty library. I will keep in mind about the potential issue with getting banned & blacklisted. By the way, I am running linux.

Cybmole, my book collection also contains a lot of journals, articles, and other types of documents other than just fiction books. Additionally, I do have a lot of duplicates right now (e.g. same book in multiple formats). I am hoping to use the find duplicate plugin by kiwidude to help eliminate the duplicates. For me, having a large collection of books has been useful. Whenever I find a book or article that I would like to read or reference, a lot of times, I already have it in my collection. Family and friends have also used my collection. However, cybermole I do not see your purpose here on this thread. I created this thread to get some advice on how to perform certain functions in calibre. You have not posted anything helpful regarding my inquiries, but instead just posted negative comments about me having a large book collection. So unless you have something helpful to post, I would appreciate if you mind your own business and leave.

Everyone else,
Thank you so much for your feedback!
woodapple is offline   Reply With Quote