View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #3
GeorgeH
Addict
GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nexus 7
Hi Araucaria.

I believe cokebreze is an alternative spelling for coke breeze. One definition is:

"Coke breeze (metallurgy) is the undersized screenings of coke (usually less than 10 mm).

"During coke production the screening operation is where pieces and dust too small for steel making are removed. Coke breeze is either reused on site (e.g. in the sinter plant) or sold off site as a by-product. Coke breeze can used as the basis of a building material (e.g. "breeze blocks" or "cinder blocks") or used as an industrial boiler fuel."

Thanks for your kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araucaria View Post
George - I've really enjoyed reading these books, but I've a question perhaps only you can answer.

The word "cokebrize" appears in several places (eg in "A Man Could Stand Up", towards the end of section I of Part II), but it's not in my biggish dictionary and google returns no proper hits for it. Is it a transcription error?

I don't have a print version to refer to, or a scan.

Thanks very much for your good work.
GeorgeH is offline   Reply With Quote