View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Looking for info on Amazon ebooks 1.0

I was trying to find links to posts/news articles about Amazon's first foray into ebooks, several years ago. I believe they were pre-ADE PDFs?

Can't find *anything* online about Amazon's earlier ebooks, the ones they stopped supporting, because all searches turn up thousands of Kindle-related posts. And most search engines don't go back more than a year or two, and this was longer than that.

Does anyone know when Amazon first started selling ebooks, what kind they were, and when they stopped? Anyone have links to old news posts about them?

I remember one blog post (which may have predated the term "blog") about a $9.95 ebook costing someone ~$27.50 in labor, by the time he got the software correctly installed & made the book usable. (And he printed the first few pages to read on his way to work--and found out later that you could only print from it once.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote