View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 02:07 PM   #19
JDK1962
Groupie
JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (for PDFs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Even Zune made plenty of money for them.
It still does--through the subscription service which lives on via PCs, cellphones, and XBOX. What it did *not* do was grow to a significant PMP market share; at its peak it outsold established brands like Creative and iRiver (the sound quality was excellent and the players were extremely reliable and durable) but it never got beyond 10 percent. It was at best a distant second to Apple in the US.
This. I've had my first generation Zune since ~2008, and use it--literally--for hours every day. I'd have a very difficult time choosing between my Zune and my Kindle 3.

Definitely a market failure...but not a bad product by any stretch.

But I admit to having an anti-Apple bias, after being the support guy on various iPod issues for my family. I bought a Samsung Galaxy pad rather than step into the Apple world for an iPad.