View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 01:38 PM   #36
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Would anybody be here if they had a life?
Or at least cats?
Define life. I've got two figments of my imagination and a rock with eyes painted on that are demanding to be recognized.

I do agree that the difference between an iOS or Android app and an MS one is a lot of bloat. Some of it comes from legacy code that was never replaced (or possibly never optimized to begin with), some of it is comes from features that people don't regularly use and could be relegated to plugin status, and then there's always the hidden game of DOOM in Excel '95 that might still be in the codebase.

I guess its like the difference between early and late GUIs. Early GUIs like original MacOS and GEOS were written for small memory spaces, sometimes no more than 64 or 128k, and had to not only provide a full UI but also run at least one app. A "modern" GUI needs at least 512 megs of memory, really prefers 2+ gigs, and finds ways to fill up anything beyond that.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote