View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 04:55 PM   #93
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Not edge enhancement, but dilation. It's called 'MinFiiter'; I've used it in Adobe Elements with similar results.

See http://www.pythonware.com/library/pi...magefilter.htm for more information.

The edge enhancement (detection?) is like a 'sharpen' and is based on an algorithm published in 1987. This basically 'cancels' some of the dilation, but make the text sharper!
I see. Evey time I've enlarged text in the past, I've typically applied an edge enhance then blurred the images to soften the edges. (which i

... So if I ask nicely would you guys consider adding "Lanczos" filter. Apparently it's in the same library you mentioned above under as 'ANTIALIAS' (in Image.resize()). See the WIKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
p.s. BTW, in those pictures, the PDFRead version looks horrible, but the PDFLRF version wonderful! You're not selling any PDFLRF stock are you?
If only I was that clever.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote