View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 11:01 PM   #78
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
So you are a Motown fan? I remember a time that it was hard to hear good old Rock 'n Roll for all of the Motown version of soul music that was on the Top 40 airwaves when I was in high school.

Back when FM radio was first becoming established, a lot of AM stations owned FM frequencies as well, and weren't sure what to do with them.

My favorite FM "underground" station was the sister station of the top black top-40 station in the city. The AM station played Motown. The FM station played the Grateful Dead. The overnight DJ on the FM station was the son of the (white) station owner.

The top white top-forty AM station also had an FM underground rock sibling. That was an automated tape loop operation. Song, song, song, FCC mandated station ID break, song... but no announcer to tell you what it was they were playing. They had some amazing music, and moments of extreme frustration. "Wow! That's great! What it it? I want to buy the album! What is it? Arrgghhhh!"

Quote:
Right now I'm listening to the original of "Not Fade Away" by Buddy Holly. (It was later remade by the Rolling Stones.)
And others.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote