View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 08:03 PM   #22
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebill View Post
what I figured out from fiction was: there are a myriad of possible worlds, peoples, governments, societies, environments, etc.
Yes - and I think you often work out the type of person you want to be. Instead of only having the people around you, there are a whole lot more to choose from.
After reading Eco's "The Name of the Rose" I decided to polish up my long-forgotten Latin, became interested in Aristotle and somehow now find myself just finishing off a BA majoring in Classical Studies and also having an good knowledge of Medieval philosophy. Oh, and studied classical Greek on the way. Not bad for one novel.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote