View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #14512
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Now I'm reading another indie effort - this time by Scott Haworth. The book is called Heaven 2.0. It's interesting so far.
This was a fun story. It's not brilliant, but I'd give it 3 stars.

The concept is quite interesting, but it suffers from one of those problems - with all the people that could be stuck in a large facility, what's the likelihood of someone stumbling on to not 1, but 3 connected people? Apparently quite high.

Despite the issues with the story, I found it reasonably interesting conceptually and the notion of curing death in the future and extracting people into a facility that contains a man-made Heaven and Hell was definitely enough for me to enjoy the book overall.

Next is another indie effort. The Puppet Maker's Bones by Alisa Tangredi. I'm quite interested in this one as the sample was intriguing. I'm not 100% sure if it's meant to be a horror or fantasy - or both.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote