View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #73
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
How would authors would like non-authors being credited as having created literary works, and how would they feel about being known as Lazy Aphorists? It mght be better if we move away from that idea and simply focus on more traditional but humorous User Titles.
WT:

I hasten (puff, wheeze) to point out that my post was a joke intended for Sil_liS's amusement.

Having bleated that, I should also add that people on a less international board might be disinclined to misinterpret the humor because the tone and usage would be apparent. Besides, the insults would evolve into compliments as members' post counts increased.

On the nether hind, it isn't always a good idea for a public forum to lead with a playfully insulting tone, since the insults tend to ramp up and become aggressive. Mobile Read doesn't seem to be the right place for that. We're the UN of literacy.

A football forum would be a better place, since members are supposed to take lumps like men (even if they're women, hermaphrodites or eunuchs), and temporarily insulting titles for new members on an RPG board would make a wry comment on the progress of the games under discussion.

§§§§§§§

Off-Topic:

Does anyone else find the term new age annoying because it's an oxymoron?

Heckler: No, Presti, I find the term annoying because it's used by oxymorons! [Sound of heckler getting buried under a pile-up of manly football forum members]

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 10-06-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote