Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #1325
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipsomaniac View Post
Well, I tried installing the 2.1.4 firmware linked up there.

And, of course, it crashes my Kobo whenever I try to open a sideloaded epub that worked on the 1.9 firmware.
You have had a response from a Kobo developer, but I am curious to know what database version is on the device. From what I have seen, this is updated by the desktop app before the update. If you haven't connected recently and tried to update the firmware, it might have issues.

Quote:
Guys, can you get your marbles in a row long enough to let me use my reader like it's designed to be used?
A comment:

You do realize you are using this reader in a way that it is not designed to be used? It is designed to have the firmware updated in a particular manner. If you don't do that, any problems are at least partly of your own making.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote