Thread: Troubleshooting Kindle keyboard battery life?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #25
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
For something like a laptop, which is being charged every day, then yes, I agree. That's where the number of charge cycles is the limiting factor. But in a Kindle, where the number of charge cycles is negligible, really the dominating factor should be the natural ageing of the battery, and 18 months is awfully low then. I'd expect to get 5 years out of a battery before its capacity was reduced to half of the original capacity.
I was not referring to charge cycles.

A new battery sitting on the shelf will age. Assuming that unused shelf life means that between 2-3 years the battery is at top condition and after that amount of time they self-age.

Then add to the mix, the use and charge cycles, that will shorten the life span. On top of all else.

So at least for me 18 or so months is not a unreasonable amount of time for replacement. Tho it can and will depend on the battery.

It sure will not hurt for the o/p to call amazon and see where they stand on the matter and if they would give some relief, seeing it is only 6 months out of warranty

Last edited by DustyDisks; 09-26-2012 at 01:19 PM.