View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 04:27 PM   #15
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman7 View Post
Up until the current version of Calibre, I've always sent my books directly to Kindle (both mine and my wife's) main memory.
I'd be very surprised if you can't do what you used to be able to do.

Quote:
However, now that version 2.5 of Kindle 2 allows you create folders/collections, I have sorted over 300 books into 15 or so folders that I feel work well in terms of defining the various categories of my books to be read. (I remove my books from Kindle after reading but leave them on Calibre.)

From what Kovid said yesterday, it sounds like the latest version of Calibre will make changes to the Kindle whether I want it to or not.
I read his post, but I thought he said Calibre doesn't know anything about Kindle collections. "As far as 0.7.1 is concerned, it won't turn anything into collections since it doesn't know about collections on the Kindle."

Quote:
If I knew that the folders/collections that I have created on the Kindle will remain intact, I'd be thrilled.

But, since I'm afraid it's going to make changes to the structure I've painstakingly created, I'm afraid (now) to allow Calibre 0.7.1 to connect directly to the Kindle until I know the consequences more clearly.

Does this make sense? (Otherwise, I am loving the new version of Calibre and using the new features to manage my library on my computer to good effect.)
Are you saying you're worried the new version might do something, but you're not currently having any problems? I suspect you'll get some more info relating to your concerns if you express them clearly. Unfortunately, I'm not the one to help - I would never buy a Kindle (I dislike intentionally crippled and locked up devices with a passion) and those who have them and know Calibre haven't all received the new updates yet.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote